Violin Jumpstart Programme For Adults
Elaine Khong Violin Studio
“I have always regretted not having learned a musical instrument when I was young.”
“I have piano background but have always wanted to play the violin.”
“I need a project for self-improvement as I can’t travel due to Covid.”
“I want to learn a pop/chinese/church/wedding/classical song for a special occasion.”
“I learnt the violin when I was a student, but I stopped, forgot most of it, and want to pick it up again.”
Have you always wanted to get started on a musical instrument like the beautiful violin? Wait no further. It’s Never Too Late! Take the plunge and get started. My Violin Beginner Adult Course is designed for adults with little or no musical background. Within 8 lessons, and you will discover How to Read Music Effectively and acquire Sound Fundamental Violin Techniques.
Ultimately, my objective for you is simple, you should be able to learn and play simple songs on your own with a good sound.
Unable to travel to my specialised Teacher’s Studio due to your busy work schedule? Fear now, you can learn at the comfort and safety of your own home at a consistent time slot mutually agreed between us. Online or Hybrid Classes are always available. Let's use the ever evolving technology available to create new online violin learning experiences. My specialised materials are designed to be used effectively for both online and physical lessons.
JUMPSTART PROGRAMME HIGHLIGHTS
Target Audience: Adults Beginners with no musical background.
Length of Course: 8 Lessons (1 Hour)
Mode of Teaching: Physical / Online / Hybrid (partial online)
Materials: All Digital Scores/Sheet Music and Notes will be provided
Technology Requirements: Zoom / Google Meet for Online Classes, Dropbox / Google Drive / Google Doc for sharing of notes, scores, lesson plans and resources.
Adults with some background in music or violin are welcome too! However your specific programme will vary depending on your current stage of development which is only sensible.
“Ms Elaine is a knowledgeable teacher who imparts good techniques. She is extremely professional, responsive and clear in her communication style. I am enjoying every lesson as my journey in this musical adventure embarks. I would certainly recommend Ms Elaine to anyone starting with or advancing in violin.”
- Licentiate Royal School of Music (Instrumental Teaching), UK (Distinction)
- Licentiate Trinity College of London (Violin Performance),UK (Distinction)
- Orff Schulwerk Level 2 (Australian Institute of Music)
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics Certification, Federation of International Eurhythmics Teachers
- Specialist Diploma in Learning Differences (Dyslexic Association of Singapore)
- ABRSM Diploma in Instrumental Teaching
- ABRSM Piano and Theory Grade 8
- Registered MOE Instructor (Arts and Music)
- Bachelor of Science (National University of Singapore)
Ms. Elaine Khong
Hello! I am a dedicated and nurturing private violin teacher based in Singapore. Since 2008, I have been sharing my love of violin playing and extensive experience with students from all walks of life - across all ages. I am also a Registered MOE Instructor under the Arts and Music (AMIS) Scheme.
External Violin Teaching Experience:
Methodist Girls School (MGS) String Ensemble CCA Violin instructor,
Canadian International School,
German European School Singapore (GESS),
Nanyang Primary School violin enrichment programme.
Performance & Volunteer Experience
Founder, Creative Manager and Violinist of GraceNotes Music Collective
1st Violinist @ National University of Singapore Symphony Orchestra (NUSSO)
1st Violinist @ Braddell Heights Symphony Orchestra
1st Violinist @ The Chamber Players
1st Violinist @ Camerata Singapore
Ready to get started? You can contact me to find out more, ask a question, or even arrange a trial lesson. Click or on any of the options below to reach out to me:
(Restarted her journey from Grade 4-5 on the violin after having stopped for many years)
“Lessons with Elaine has been great, I like that Elaine focus on the techniques & getting the basics right from the start. So it’s easier when it comes to playing a piece & we can work on other areas (dynamics, mood of the piece etc).”
- My diverse teaching experiences with all ages and a wide range of both local and international students is my strength. This diversity allows me to better understand and cater to the individual needs of each student.
- I will customise teaching materials and pedagogies based on the strengths and areas for improvements of each student and help you reach your musical goals.
- I am well versed with both the ABRSM and Trinity syllabus and the examination board’s marking and examination requirements.
- I am able to coach my student up to ABRSM Grade 5 Theory to fulfil the requirement for higher grade ABRSM practical exams.
- I am an experienced chamber music and orchestra player that can coach students in ensemble playing and chamber music skills.
Curated Material from Past Masters + Custom Materials for Adults
(PhD Student from NUS)
“I've been learning to play the violin from Elaine for more than a year now. She's been a very patient instructor, where she teaches students by adopting to their style, rather than imposing hers on her students. She's always eager to answer our questions, and very positive with her words. I really appreciate her emphasis on the right techniques with respect to learning the instrument. Instead of teaching easy tricks that can help with short term progress, she always emphasises on teaching her students the important techniques that can help them in the long run. When I started out with her, I had no experience in playing any musical instrument, but now after a year or so, I'm very happy with my progress under her guidance. Overall I would highly recommend Elaine to anyone interested in learning to play the violin.”
A small sample of what I read to upgrade continuously through the years...